Pie Crust Cookies

The pie crust is always my favorite part of the pie, so when I saw this idea at Baked Perfection, I was excited to try it, and these little treats did not disappoint!

The politically correct way of making these is to use leftover pie dough, however, I did not go this route.

I started with pre-made store bought refrigerated pie crusts to test out this recipe.

Roll out your pie dough, or in my case, unfold it onto a lightly floured surface.

Mix up some cinnamon sugar; I use 1/4 c of sugar to 1 tsp. of cinnamon.

Lightly brush a small amount of melted butter across theĀ  pie crust, and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Then use some little cookie cutters to cut out the shapes you want.
Bake on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and that’s it.
Watch the time though, since oven heat varies.

Even my picky eater liked these. They are lightly sweet with a hint of saltiness, and a little crunchy like a cracker, yum!
Hope you enjoy!
Blessings,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

I also do this with leftover pie crust. I will give both of my daughters a little ball to make cookies with. Then I will sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon. Seeing this put a smile on my face, thanks!

2. Joan@chocolateandmore says

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. Pinned this, also now following you on FB (your FB button isn’t working but I found you anyway.)

3. says

I think that this sounds like a fun activity for the kids to do tomorrow!!! I was trying to figure out what would entertain my son and his friend and I think that this makes sense to try. If they don’t do it then I think that my son and I will have to make them on Friday. I really need to look for some cute mini cookie cutters. I don’t have enough small ones but I guess I need to add it to the wish list. I can’t wait to taste the final product!!!

4. says

I love pie crust cookies! My Granny would make extra pie dough just so she could make cookies out of them with sprinkles! They have always been a favorite! You have a wonderful blog and I look forward to reading more!

5. says

What fun little cookies, we would have so much fun with this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

6. says

What a great and easy recipe! I’ll be using the pie crust not-from-leftover-pie-baking too!! I think this will be a great “snack in the car” when I pick up my granddaughter from school on Fridays!! I bet she would love to help make them too!
    (Popping in from Show and Tell Saturday!)

7. says

I make these for my daughter as Mom always made them for us when I was growing up. Of course, her crust was from scratch and she just used the leftover. I just buy the crust and don’t even make the pie! I use a pizza cutter to slice them up before baking.

8. Melissa @ MyMommyStyle says

My grandma used to do this! Thanks for bringing back a lot of good, tasty memories. I’m excited to make these with my kids. (Coming from Strut Your Stuff link party)

Trackbacks