Since I bought my daughter's bedding, I have been thinking of buying the lamp that matches it, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. So lately I have been sorting through her clothes to weed out what she's outgrown, and I found this cute dress that's too little for her.
I decided to try and use the material to fancy up her current lampshade.
It was just a plain hot pink color, and definitely needed some jazzing up. I got my inspiration from a couch pillow that has these fabric "flower looking" decorations on it.
Then I took a needle and thread and weaved it in and out up the "middle" and pulled it tight, wrapped it around and tied it off.