I tend to think of myself as a frugal person, but I guess it's all relative depending on who I am comparing myself too. It's painful for me to pay over $20 for a pair of jeans, and my sister and I love nothing more than going to yard sales and thrift stores. However I do have some favorite things that I don't always mind spending money on, and since I have always enjoyed reading posts about other peoples' little splurges that make life more enjoyable, I thought I would share some of the more frivolous things I enjoy.
1. Bath and Body Works' Aromatherapy Body Wash and Bubble Bath-I can't wear perfume because it irritates my asthma, but I still want to smell good, and this leaves a nice but not overbearing scent. Bath and Body Works are constantly offering sales online too, so I always get a pretty good deal.
2. Herbal Essence's shampoos and conditioners-Again, I like the rich scent they leave in my hair.
3. Thick soft fuzzy socks-I like to be comfortable, so when I walk in the door to my home, the jewelry comes off, the hairbows come out, and comfy sweats or jammies go on, as well as snuggly thick soft socks.
4. Diet beverages-They make me feel like I'm getting something for nothing. My favorites are Zero Vitamin Water, Diet Coke and Diet Rootbeer.
5. Eating out once in a while-This one should be obvious, no prep, everyone gets what they want, and no dishes.
|Two of the men in my life|
6. Baileys coffee creamer-It's my absolute favorite because of the rich flavor and sweetness.
7. Having someone else give my children piano lessons-I know how to play the piano, but since I teach my kids most everything else, it is nice to let another person teach them piano. I consider it a sanity saver.
8. Having a babysitter one day every two weeks where my kids go to her house-Again, since I homeschool, my children are with me 99% of the time, and I really enjoy having a couple of quiet days a month to clean, blog or read, alone. This is a true luxury for my personality; I need the peace and quiet once in a while.
9. Getting my hair cut, colored and highlighted professionally twice a year-It's a bit pricey, but I can manage the rest of the year by myself with trims and root touch ups.
10. My Kindle
I have the older version, but it is just so convenient to take on the go, and it can hold thousands of books in a slim form. It also feeds my desire for instant gratification when I see a book I just have to have, and can go online and buy it.
I would love to hear about your fun favorite things.