This post brought to you by Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
About two years ago, my husband and I decided it was time get on board with helping to protect the environment that we live in, and the one our children will live in when we are long gone. For different people that means different things and different levels of participation. For our family, it means recycling product packaging, and once we started doing this, we were absolutely AMAZED at the amount of cardboard, aluminum, plastic and glass our family of five had just been throwing in the trash can. NOW, we are very well acquainted with the recycling centers in our area.
I was recently introduced to Tetra Pak® carton packages, which are designed for maximum efficiency and environmental friendliness, and are one way to live smarter. Here are some smart facts about Tetra Pak® cartons:
I was sent some of their items to try, and was pleasantly surprised by how streamlined the packaging was.
Why Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart:
• Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , Tetra Pak cartons are stackable and space saving.
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives. Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
• Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
• Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
Does this inspire you to be carton smart this Thanksgiving? Be Carton Smart
The organic chicken stock is perfect for making stuffing!
The organic cranberry sauce is a wonderful side dish for your feast!
Use the pumpkin puree to make your favorite pumpkin pie recipe!
Last year, it was my turn to make Thanksgiving dinner, and I must say, I would have had a lot less trash and
recycling if I had used products with Tetra Pak® cartons!
To find out where you can find these products closest to you, go to Pacific Foods and enter your zip code, and they will show you the locations nearest you! They also provide information on gluten and dairy free products as well as vegan items!
So let’s try to be smarter this season and encourage others too as well!