Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner”Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Taco pie and salad
Grocery list: Pie crust, ground beef, taco seasoning, olives, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, corn chips and salad ingredients
Pinto beans, cornbread and salad
Grocery list: Pinto beans, bacon (optional), pinto bean seasoning (optional), cornbread ingredients, salad ingredients, onion
Pepperoni and cheese stromboli and raw veggies
Grocery list: Dough ingredients, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and raw veggies
Pasta salad with balsamic vinaigrette and artichokes
Grocery list: Rotini pasta, fresh spinach, fresh basil, grape tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and lemon
Biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and fruit salad