Quick Dinner Ideas
Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner”Easier.
To help with menu planning and grocery shopping, be sure to check out my free printables:
Dinner Planner and Grocery List Printable
Weekly Meal Planner
Printable Grocery List
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Crock-pot Ravioli Casserole
Grocery list: Ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, frozen spinach, pasta, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
Tuna, broccoli & pasta casserole and cheddar biscuits
Grocery list: Tuna, broccoli, pasta, cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs
Open faced hamburger phillies
Grocery list: Ground beef, red, green & yellow peppers, onion, Italian dressing, Italian bread & provolone cheese
Southwestern chicken salad
Grocery list: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheddar cheese, chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, dressing and any extras
Tuna pot pie
Grocery list: Tuna, biscuits or pie crust, cream of chicken soup, peas and carrots
Oven grilled cheese, tomato soup, and peaches
Have a great week!
Thanks for some ideas for upcoming meals and sharing you link on OrgJunkie. I like tuna, but my husband doesn’t. However, there are two meals a week he is gone. The tuna, broccoli and pasts casserole would be perfect.
Have a great week.
Hope you enjoy it, tuna’s not so bad in a pot pie! 🙂