Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Mini Corn Dogs and fruit
Grocery list: Hot dogs, cornmeal, oil, skewers and fruit
Grocery list: Spaghetti, corn, ground beef or turkey, onion, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, tortilla chips, sour cream, olives and chili peppers
Creamy Crockpot Potato Soup and raw veggies
Grocery list: Hashbrown potatoes, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and raw veggies
Toasted pepperoni pizza sandwiches and carrot sticks
Grocery list: Bread or rolls, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce, butter and carrot sticks
Grocery list: Tortillas, ground beef, cheddar cheese, McCormick Hamburger Seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and pickles
Have a great week! 🙂