Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner”Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Vegetable beef soup
Grocery list: Beef stew meat, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, diced tomatoes, green beans, cabbage and beef broth
Rotisserie chicken nachos
Grocery list: Tortilla chips, rotisserie chicken, black beans, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, taco seasoning, salsa, sour cream, lettuce
Mini Cheeseburger pies and raw veggies
Grocery list: Bisquick, ground beef, onion, cheddar cheese and raw veggies
Grocery list: Ground beef, 2 pie crusts, 2 cans vegetarian vegetable soup, 2-4 cups mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese
Veggie and cheese omelets, fruit and toast
Pinto beans, cornbread and salad
Grocery list: Pinto beans, bacon (optional), pinto bean seasoning (optional), cornbread ingredients, salad ingredients, onion
Hope you have a great week!