Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Grocery list: Canned diced tomatoes, ground beef, pasta sauce, beef broth, pasta, Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese
Grocery list: Ground beef, spaghetti noodles, onion, taco seasoning, corn, Cheddar cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, Doritos and sour cream
Cabbage Roll Casserole
Grocery list: Cabbage, ground beef, tomato soup, pasta sauce, onion, rice and zesty Italian dressing
Pesto and Tomato Grilled Cheese
Grocery list: Italian bread, tomato slices, Mozzarella cheese, pesto and butter
Have a great week!