Quick Dinner Ideas
Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
To help with menu planning and grocery shopping, be sure to check out my free printables:
Dinner Planner and Grocery List Printable
Weekly Meal Planner
Printable Grocery List
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Super easy Chicken Pot Pie
Grocery List: Chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, mixed vegetables and pie crusts
Quiche with a Hashbrown Crust
Grocery list: Hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, half and half, onion and Cheddar cheese
Grocery list: Frozen cheese ravioli, pasta sauce, Mozzarella cheese and ground beef
Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Roll Ups
Grocery list: Crescent rolls, chicken slices, ham slices and Swiss cheese slices
Happy Thanksgiving 🙂
Grocery list: Romaine lettuce, leftover turkey, grape tomatoes, avocado, bacon, Blue cheese and dressing
Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I agree with there! Quick is definitely about being organised. If I have not planned ahead, then I dither around, wasting time trying to decide what to make. The chicken pot pie looks delicious!
Love all your recipes. I’m using the quiche recipe for my next Menu plan! Looks wonderful.
Those crescent roll ups look so yummy and easy! Have a happy Thanksgiving.