Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Easy Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Grocery list: Tortillas, ground beef, Cheddar cheese, steak seasoning, onion, lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard
Cabbage Roll Casserole
Grocery list: Cabbage, ground beef, Italian dressing, onion, instant rice, tomato soup and pasta sauce
Grocery list: Milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, vinegar, flour, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin spice
Tuna Cornbread Cakes
Grocery list: Cornbread mix, milk, mayonnaise, onions, eggs, parsley, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, tuna and oil
Baked French Toast with Caramel Glaze
Grocery list: Italian bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, butter, brown sugar, pecans and powdered sugar
Buffalo Chicken Soup
Grocery list: Celery, carrot, onion, flour, milk, chicken broth, chicken, buffalo sauce, Cheddar cheese and rice
Hope you have a great week!