Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Meatball stuffed biscuits and raw veggies
Grocery list: Biscuits, meatballs, marinara sauce, cheese sticks and raw veggies
Ham, mashed potatoes and broccoli
Grocery list: Meatballs, pitas, Greek yogurt, cucumber, tomato, lemon juice and seasonings
BBQ sandwiches–I’ll probably buy the bbq already made for convenience
Grocery list: Barbecue chicken or pork, buns, coleslaw, fruit and baked chips
Hope you have a great week!