Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
Since many will be having ham and turkey this week, I’ve included some yummy ideas for using up those leftovers!
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Grocery list: Dinner rolls, ham, swiss cheese, mustard, poppy seeds, worcestershire sauce and veggies
Christmas dinner: Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, vegetable casserole, hashbrown casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato fluff, pumpkin pie and mixed berry pie
Grocery list: Macaroni noodles, Swiss and cheddar cheese (I don’t use the Gruyere listed in the recipe), breadcrumbs, milk, flour, broccoli and grapes
Grocery list: Chicken, stuffing, peas, cream of chicken soup, cheese of your choice
Turkey and provolone cheese sandwiches, strawberries, carrot sticks and baked fries
Pancakes with sprinkles, vegetarian sausages, hard-boiled eggs and orange juice
Hope you have a great week, and a Merry Christmas!