Quick Dinner Ideas
Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
To help with menu planning and grocery shopping, be sure to check out my free printables:
Dinner Planner and Grocery List Printable
Weekly Meal Planner
Printable Grocery List
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Grocery list: Ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, onion, sage, green pepper, oat bran or breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, garlic, marjoram, ketchup and celery salt
Soup and oven grilled cheese
Grocery list: Soup, bread, butter and cheese
Grilled steak, baked potatoes and mixed veggies
Grocery list: Lettuce, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese, ground beef, taco seasoning, tomatoes, tortilla chips and Italian dressing
Penne, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Grocery list: Penne, olive oil, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, basil and black olives
Hope you have a great week!
Good morning! I just found your blog through the linkup at OrgJunkie. I love your quick dinner ideas! (especially having veg and fruit on hand to round off the less-than-healthy ideas)
mmmm…perogies! I haven’t had them in ages and your menu just reminded me of them 😉 Great looking menu this week!