Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Mini Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
Grocery list: Turkey or chicken meatballs, chicken broth, onion, celery, carrots, canned tomatoes, fresh spinach and seasonings
Corn Chip Chili Bowl
Grocery list: Canned chili, corn chips, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and Cheddar cheese
Lemon poppy seed pancakes with fruit salad
Grocery list: Pancake ingredients, poppy seeds, lemon, lemon juice, syrup and various fruits
Sundried Tomato Mayo, Bacon and Egg Sandwich
Grocery list: Bread, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mayonnaise, sundried tomato pesto and spinach
Super Easy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Grocery list: Great northern beans, salsa, cooked chicken breast and Cheddar cheese
Rotisserie chicken nachos
Grocery list: Tortilla chips, rotisserie chicken, black beans, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, taco seasoning, salsa, sour cream, lettuce
Hope you have a great week!