Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Grocery list: Italian bread, pepperoni, Mozzarella slices, butter, and pasta sauce for dipping
Grocery list: Ground beef, spaghetti noodles, onion, taco seasoning, corn, Cheddar cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, Doritos and sour cream
Crockpot Chicken and Artichoke with Pasta
Grocery list: Chicken breast tenders, canned artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, Worcestershire sauce, cream of chicken soup and pasta
Crock-pot Ravioli Casserole
Grocery list: Ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, frozen spinach, pasta, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
Crispy Bean Burritos (Taquitos)
Grocery list: Tortillas, refried beans, taco seasoning, vegetable oil, Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream
Pumpkin chili and hush puppies
Grocery list: Ground beef, onion, chili beans, chili sauce, tomato soup, pumpkin, beef broth, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder, sour cream, cheddar cheese and hush puppy ingredients
Hope you have a great week!