Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Crock-pot Ravioli Casserole
Grocery list: Ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, frozen spinach, pasta, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
Bacon Pancake Dippers and fruit
Grocery list: Bacon, pancake ingredients and fruit
Roasted red pepper and goat cheese Alfredo and salad
Grocery list: Linguini, red peppers, onion, garlic, half & half, garlic & herb goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and salad ingredients
Sunday Brunch Casserole
Grocery list: Eggs, hashbrowns, Cheddar cheese, onion, bacon, green pepper, milk and carrot sticks
Grocery list: Tortillas, ground beef, cheddar cheese, McCormick Hamburger Seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and pickles
Chicken salad sandwiches, red pepper strips and mandarin oranges
Grocery list: Bread or buns, chicken, mayonnaise OR ranch dressing, pickles, red peppers and fruit
Hope you have a great week!