Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Chicken, bacon, and ranch pasta and salad
Grocery list: Bacon, chicken, dry ranch dressing mix, Cheddar cheese, flour, milk, noodles or pasta and salad ingredients
Toasted peanut butter and banana sandwiches
Grocery list: Bread, bananas, butter and peanut butter
Chicken quesadillas, carrots and grapes
Grocery list: Tortillas, cheddar cheese, chicken, and whatever else you like on your quesadillas, some use peppers or tomatoes, sour cream, salsa…
Pancakes with sprinkles, vegetarian sausages, hard-boiled eggs and orange juice
Grocery list: Ground beef, flour tortillas, canned tomatoes and green chiles, salsa, black beans, corn, onion and Monterrey Jack and/or Cheddar cheese
Mini Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
Grocery list: Turkey or chicken meatballs, chicken broth, onion, celery, carrots, canned tomatoes, fresh spinach and seasonings
Hope you have a great week!