Happy Monday! Oh, I am so ready for Spring! We can finally see the ground this week after all the piles of snow, but I'm not holding my breath, since we've been known to get snow in May at times...:P
Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Chicken Noodle Casserole with your favorite vegetable
Grocery list: Chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, spaghetti, breadcrumbs and milk
Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich and fruit salad or orange juice
Grocery list: Favorite bread and cheese, bacon, eggs and fruit
*This is amazing, and I've used the sauce for chicken too!
Korean Beef with rice and broccoli or string beans
Grocery list: Ground beef, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red peppers, green onions, rice and broccoli
Cashew Sesame Noodles--goes great with broccoli
Grocery list: Spaghetti noodles, cashews, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Asian sesame oil and red pepper flakes
Quiche with Hashbrown Crust
Grocery list: Hashbrowns, eggs, half and half, bacon, onion and Cheddar cheese
Mini Cheeseburger Pies
Grocery list: Ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Cheddar cheese, Bisquick, eggs and pickles
Hope you have a great week!