Well it’s almost the season (at least where I live), that a lot of women kinda dread, swimsuit season. I know I surely don’t enjoy squeezing into a swimsuit! The last few summers my family’s purchased a pool membership at a super nice place close by. The kids have thoroughly enjoyed it, and are like fish in the water. However, since I’ve gained weight over the years, I always feel self conscience in a swimsuit, and I’m always on the lookout for a pretty cover up that I can wear to the pool or the beach.
I recently did some searching on Amazon to find some pretty, feminine, classy looking swimsuit coverups, and I thought I’d share them with you in case you’re on the lookout too!
Over the last few summers I’ve purchased several different cover ups, a white one, black one, and a blue striped one, and I’ve learned a few things about shopping for them.
- Even though I really like the classic look of white coverups, sometimes certain sunscreens may permanently stain the white material.
- Check and follow your sunscreen label and swimsuit cover up washing instructions.
- Some strapless “scrunchie top coverups” can do double duty. My black cover up could be pulled down to my waist, paired with a slip and a pretty top, and used as a skirt.
- Some of the styles and colors under the same listings on Amazon can vary slightly, so be sure you’re getting the color and pattern you want.
I do a lot of shopping on Amazon, and to make sure things will fit, and that I’ll be happy with them, I like to check out several different areas on an item’s listing page:
- whether it’s a Prime item–if I’m in a hurry and want it in two days with free shipping
- the Star ratings–I tend to only purchase items that have at least 4 stars
- the Size Chart and Fit as Expected Percentage–this helps to know if items run small or large
- the Product Description–gives more details so you’re not surprised by something
- Customer Questions & Answers–if you have a question, it’s possible someone asked it already
- Customer Reviews–tend to let you know how thick or thin the material is, or if the length is as expected
I know everyone doesn’t share the same tastes in clothing or modesty preferences, but I picked out 10 swim cover ups that I thought were classy looking. Also, all of these received good reviews of predominately 4 or more stars, and were affordably priced.