Have you searched for the PERFECT theme for your blog, but the colors were off, or you hated the fonts, or you wanted a certain widget and it wasn’t included? That was me when I started blogging, and I new exactly NOTHING! Now it’s hard for me to believe, but I have been blogging for 5 years!
I got stuck so many times trying to figure things out all by myself, since I didn’t want to put any money into my blog at first. Now I look back at all the hours I spent learning and trying to design, fix, or adjust something on my blog, and I think how wonderful it would have been to have a friend I could chat with, and/or consult with who knew more than I did about setting up a blog.
So now I’m motivated to help you so the process will be smoother and less stressful in your blogging journey.
When I started blogging, I started on Blogger, and then 3 years in, I switched to a self hosted WordPress blog, and then a few months into that, I started using the Genesis Framework from Studiopress. With a very small budget for blogging, I’ve had to learn a lot on my own, and have been able to help others with questions they’ve had on their blogs, and how to do certain things.
Soooo, I’ve decided to offer my help to other bloggers that have questions, and need help with making changes on their blogs. Since I’m just starting this service, I’m charging introductory prices! 😀
$30 for 30 minutes of work or consultation (with 30 minute minimum): All payments are through PayPal.
My skill set is primarily with self hosted wordpress blogs on the Genesis Framework, but if your blog is different, I’m open to taking questions and work, and will let you know up front if it’s outside of my abilities.
Here are some things I can help with:
- Centering ads, titles or headers
- Adding Genesis hooks
- Changing Fonts or Colors
- Adding Google Adsense ads
- Changing text size
- Deleting post revisions
- Deleting spam comments to speed up your blog
- Show you how to test your site’s speed
- Installing Genesis Framework and a Child Theme
- Changing Child themes
- Adding a background image to blog or blog header
- Adding an “about me” photo and biography
- Setting up a Favicon
- How to use Buffer to schedule posts
- Setting up Navigation bars and Menus
- Adding recipe cards and filling them out on blog posts
- Creating featured image
- Setting up post excerpts on homepage
- Using genesis featured posts
- Setting up menus
- Custom logo or header
- How to add and use plugins for your blog
- Adding Pinterest or Facebook widgets in sidebar or footer
- Adding “Pin it” button over images
- Setting up “Link Within” to show relevant posts after each post
- Instruction on how to find a really fast quality child theme for your blog
- Adding a custom category index
- Tutoring so you can learn how to customize your blog
- Customizing Social Media Icons
- Adding a Subscribe Box/Widget
- Adding Adsense ads
- Personalizing your color palette
- Change footer widget widths
- Tutoring on how to use PicMonkey
- Adding design elements to your blog–backgrounds, fonts, lines, boxes and colors
- Make a custom pin it button unique to your site
- Blog Consulting: Ask me your questions!
Many of these jobs can be done in under 30 minutes. So stop wasting your time, and let me help you design the blog that you want! 🙂 Then you can use your precious time to write and promote your blog!
If you’d like to work with me, send me an email at email@example.com and let’s get started!