When my mom was pregnant with me (and very thin), she craved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. So once when she was visiting her dad, he bought her a huge grocery bag full of bananas to make the sandwiches. Isn't that just like a dad! I was thinking about this the other day, and decided to try a variation that I had heard about (reading a book on Elvis I think), and it turned out delicious. The nice thing about this sandwich is that you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already.
- 2 slices of bread ( I used whole wheat)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
- squirt of honey
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- sprinkling of powdered sugarMelt the butter in your pan and dip one side of each slice of your bread in, or spread it on the bread.
- Mix your peanut butter and a squirt of honey together,
and spread it on the bread. Then slice up half of your
banana and lay it out on the bread.
- Now just toast it with butter on both sides in your pan.
- You can dust it with powdered sugar,
but a variation is to use cinnamon sugar. If you really want to be decadent,
I bet you could eat it with syrup like french toast.
It's easy and delicious!
Hope you enjoy!