Home ยป Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser

I have tried out a bunch cleaning tips since starting this blog, because cleaning house is a never ending job.  😛

I am still loving the effectiveness of using dryer sheets to clean a shower door.

Clean a fiberglass shower door
Vinegar too, is of course well known for its many fantastic uses. One of which is getting rid of mineral deposits that build up around water sources.
Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

It’s simple to clean your shower head with…

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking
and around your faucets where you can get an ugly build up. In this post it worked magic on one of my bathroom faucets, however I hadn’t gotten around to using it on my kitchen faucet, till last week, and I was not disappointed when I did.

Get rid of mineral deposits on sinks

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

Here is the ugliness that my kitchen sink had succumbed to.   As you can see, (and I am embarrassed to show) it was WAY passed time to get the job done.  Because I had guests coming,  I was REALLY motivated to tackle it.

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking
Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking
Get rid of mineral deposits on sinks
So I soaked paper towels in vinegar and covered the faucet area with them.
Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

Get rid of mineral deposits on sinks

Then I used the same routine as last time, soak for awhile, scrub for awhile and repeat. The vinegar is strong, so make sure you ventilate your area. On really tough spots I used an old credit card to scrub,
(Be careful not to scratch your surface).
The results were again AMAZING!

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking
Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking
Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

Clean mineral deposits off sink  Yes, that IS the same sink as the before shot!  Isn’t it AMAZING what a little vinegar and a little elbow grease can do?

How to Clean Mineral Deposits off sinks

Vinegar as a Mineral Deposit Sink Cleanser, Joyful Homemaking

The vinegar took off the buildup and the water spots as well, and my sink looked almost new! Now if only I would stop cleaning my paint brushes in there, I wouldn’t have any stains.

How to Clean Buildup on Sinks

Gotta say, I am loving vinegar!
Share:

1. July 27, 2012 / 8:19 pm

I love vinegar too! It’s good for almost anything. My husband had guests at his home (before we were married)and someone poured blue dye into a toilet. He scrubbed with everything he could find, to no avail. As a last ditch effort, he poured vinegar into the bowl. Waited about 30 minutes to flush, and every bit of the dye went away! So yep, we’re firm believers! Your sink looks brand new!!!

2. Athena at Minervas Garden
    July 27, 2012 / 10:30 pm

That’s pretty impressive. I use vinegar on the counters and to clean appliances, but I hadn’t tried it on faucets, so will have to give this a go–thank you for sharing!

3. MommaGott
    July 28, 2012 / 12:15 am

Wow! I am defintely doing this with my kitchen and bathroom sink! Thanks for the tip!

4. July 28, 2012 / 11:44 am

I’ll be trying this later today!

5. JMD
    July 28, 2012 / 6:44 pm

We are major vinegar lovers. We use it to kill weeds, clean floors (tile) diluted, scrub windows, no use is too small.

6. Fancy
    July 29, 2012 / 2:07 am

I LOVE vinegar! I used it the other day to clean around my stovetop. It really cuts through grease, and it’s safe and cheap.

fancyco.blogspot.com

7. Robyn
    July 29, 2012 / 4:15 pm

Thats amazing!! I’ve used vinegar an water to clean my windows for years.. A trick my mom taught me but I didn’t know it had other uses.. How did you find these vinegar uses? The sink looks awesome!
    Robyn

8. CSI girl
    July 29, 2012 / 11:27 pm

That is a great tip for kitchen sinks. I hope you will link this up starting Wednesday at The CSI Project. The challenge of the week is kitchen makeovers and decor.
    Come on over each day for a tutorial then the competition begins Wednesday.Each week is a new challenge.
    Come on over!

9. July 30, 2012 / 2:35 am

WOW!! that is a brilliant tip!! Thanks … visiting from Sunday Showcase party…HHL

10. Scribbler
    July 30, 2012 / 4:55 pm

OK, I just stopped reading this, and did this all my downstairs faucets! genius idea

11. July 31, 2012 / 12:50 am

Thanks! I knew vinegar worked this way, but I’ve never thought of soaking paper towels or using a plastic bag. Good ideas. Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

12. cube2farm
    July 31, 2012 / 12:19 pm

Great tip! Thanks! (Found this post through OrganizingHomelife.com linky party.)

13. Carole
    July 31, 2012 / 10:00 pm

Great post. I am going to do this today. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

14. Dirty Hands-Beautiful Life
    August 1, 2012 / 1:15 pm

Ok. Genius! I’ve used it on my shower head but not on my kitchen sink which looks exactly like yours. Thank you, thank you!!!! Glad to have found you.

15. August 1, 2012 / 2:16 pm

I love to clean with vinegar. This transformation is amazing!

16. August 2, 2012 / 1:45 am

awesome! I just did a blog post on this myself. It really cleans everything!

17. August 2, 2012 / 11:39 pm

Wow! That looks amazing, such a difference.

18. Garage Sales R Us
    August 3, 2012 / 1:04 am

This is so great!!!! I will be using these tips! I am visiting form the Glimpse inside linky and am your newest follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same! I also have an awesome giveaway going on right now with a Cricut Machine. I would love it if you would enter! It ends tomorrow though! Hope you have a great day!

19. April
    August 3, 2012 / 3:45 pm

My stainless steel sinks have been less than new for awhile and I have been meaning to find a good cleaner for them, but hadn’t thot of the super cheap and effective all purpose white vinegar. Thanks for solving my problem and saving me money!

20. Brandi
    August 6, 2012 / 1:11 am

This is a great tip. Thank you for sharing!

21. Debbie S.
    August 7, 2012 / 2:20 pm

I tried this on my kitchen sink it worked great. I’m so happy with how easy it worked. Thanks so much for sharing another great way for using vinegar. Debbie

22. AngieC
    August 9, 2012 / 2:40 am

I used a whole bottle of vinegar to clean a very stained toilet. No cleaner or elbow grease could seem to unstain this thing… I already used vinegar to clean my mirrors and window and thought “why not?”. I poured in the bottle and just let it sit in there overnight. The next morning with minimal scrubbing with a simple toilet brush that bowl sparkled! Vinegar is awesome! Our mama’s knew what they were talking about ๐Ÿ˜‰

23. January 18, 2013 / 10:44 am

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

24. Allison
    March 29, 2013 / 8:43 am

Another great use for vinegar is in the laundry! Have you ever finished your laundry and see white splotches all over your clothes? Run them through the wash again with about a cup of vinegar mixed in. The vinegar will remove all the white splotches and any other detergent build up too! Works wonders!

25. August 26, 2013 / 9:28 am

Amazing! I’m going to try this today! Thanks for sharing this tip!!

26. Leticia Bermudez
    October 12, 2013 / 4:47 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing. I’ve tried lots of detergents in the bathroom and still do not get what I like so, I’m trying this next. I’m an RA patient and cleaning house is difficult for me, I’m grateful for all cleaning tips or solutions that
    makes my life easier. THANKS!!!!

27. dianne allison
    October 23, 2013 / 2:53 pm

i use rain x yep the kind that goes in your wind shield washer and works wonders on glass shower doors to.i put in spray bottle and spray surface and wipe off so easy.try it you will be amazed

28. January 8, 2014 / 11:29 am

What a wonderful thing to know! I use vinegar to clean almost everything else but haven’t thought to use it on the sink. Thanks!

I’m visiting from the Raising Homemakers link-up ๐Ÿ™‚

29. February 3, 2014 / 2:53 am

Thanks for this great tip. Vinegar seems to be the go to product for cleaning. I just found a recipe for cleaning engineered wood floors. I will be giving that a try soon. And I will be trying it on the faucets. I love the smell of vinegar.