I was given Party Pail products for this post, but all opinions are my own! 🙂 Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The strawberries lately have been so luscious, that I decided to take advantage of them, and make some yummy cupcakes with fresh strawberry frosting.
These are so sweet and delicious!
Party Pail sent me a few of their adorable paper products to try out,
and they made this treat even prettier, as a nice gift for
my niece’s birthday celebration.
I took the easy way out for the cake part, and used a french vanilla cake mix, but if you’d prefer
to make it from scratch, this recipe from Cooking Light looks awesome!
I made up the cake mix according to the package directions, and baked my cupcakes.
I had never used these type of baking cups before, so I made some in these,
and some in my regular cupcake papers, just in case, but they all turned out great.
Be sure to only fill them half-way.
For the frosting you need:
1 cup of fresh strawberries
8 ounces cream cheese (the block)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons butter (can substitute margarine or shortening)
1. Hull, wash and cut strawberries in half.
(Don’t be tempted to use extra or your frosting will be runny)
2. Blend till smooth in blender.
3. Pour in saucepan.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring, and then cool in refrigerator.
5. Whip cream cheese and room temperature butter.
6. Add 1/4 cup of cooled strawberry mixture and
powdered sugar, and whip for a couple
minutes, till creamy and smooth.
If you have time, it’s a good idea to chill the frosting in the refrigerator for a while,
to let it firm up a bit, making it easier to use. The champion cake decorator (my mom)
says shortening gives a firmer consistency than butter,
but we both like the flavor of butter, better.
Then frost your cupcakes however you like.
I packaged some in the Party Pail box to take to my niece, and I am hooked on
these cute boxes now. They just seem to add that little extra something special!
Party Pail has all kinds of supplies and decor for just about any special occasion
you may be planning. They have everything from baby and bridal shower supplies, to kid and adult birthday party supplies, favors, party basics, and much more. So check them out!
I used the pretty paper straws to dress up some doughnut holes!
To decorate the tops of the cupcakes, I made these cute little strawberry fans,
which are so easy to make and yet add a lot of punch.
Just make cuts in the strawberry, almost all the way to the top and then fan it out,
and place on top of the frosting!
If you are in the mood for a sweet summertime treat, these make the perfect one!
Hope you enjoy!
- Vanilla Cake Mix made into cupcakes according to package directions.
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese (the block)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter (can substitute margarine or shortening)
- Hull, wash and cut strawberries in half
- (Don't be tempted to use extra or your frosting will be runny)
- Blend till smooth in blender
- Pour in saucepan
- Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring, and then cool in refrigerator
- Whip cream cheese and room temperature butter
- Add ¼ cup of cooled strawberry mixture and
- powdered sugar and whip for a couple
- minutes, till creamy and smooth
- If you have time, it's a good idea to chill the frosting in the refrigerator for a while,
- to let it firm up a bit, making it easier to use. The champion cake decorator (my mom)
- says shortening gives a firmer consistency than butter,
- but we both like the flavor of butter, better.
Enjoy these beautiful and delicious cupcakes!