Do you enjoy a good cup of coffee as much as I do? I became a coffee lover later in life than most, but I’ve enjoyed thoroughly the time I’ve had. My husband is usually up before me and gets the coffee started, and if he’s not quick enough with it, I’ve been known to fuss a bit till I can fill my mug. 😛
With both of our sets of parents living out of state, and many of our close friends as well, we frequently have guests that stay several nights at a time. Many of them, I dare say, arise earlier than I do, and some even earlier than my husband. So I’ve decided, it’s nice and convenient to have a coffee station with supplies readily available and organized, so everyone can help themselves when the urgent need for coffee arises.
Some people use a pretty or functional piece of furniture for their coffee station, but with my space limitations, an area of kitchen counter is the best space for my supplies.
Now there are all kinds of goodies you could stock your coffee station with, but of course, first and foremost is a coffee maker. Mine isn’t anything fancy, and if I’m remembering correctly, I purchased it at a yard sale. For my guest’s convenience, I’ve labeled the top with the water and coffee measurements, so no one has to guess. Coffee filters, coffee and water is also needed, and something to measure the coffee (unless your coffee maker makes single servings). There are all kinds of coffee makers available in all kinds of price ranges.
My yard-sale coffee maker works just fine for me though, so don’t worry if you don’t have a “special” coffee maker. A good hot cup of coffee is what’s important, not the machine.
Other items you can add to your coffee station include:
- Coffee Mugs
- Creamer (if you leave it out make sure it doesn’t require refrigeration)
- Flavored syrups
- Biscotti or muffins
- Sign to designate the area
- Words of encouragement
- A light source
- Pretty flowers
It doesn’t take much to provide a warm, welcoming cup of coffee, that can make your guests feel at home.
- If you need inspiration for fun and delicious goodies to stock up your coffee station with, just check out the coffee aisle at your local grocery, or Amazon online has supplies too!
- Creamers that don’t need refrigeration are convenient to have on hand, just keep an eye on the expiration dates.
- Disposable to-go cups can also be fun and convenient.
- The choice for coffee mugs in different styles is huge, so pick one with your budget and space constraints.
Have fun setting up your own coffee station!