Welcome to another “Minus the Meat” Monday! I posted a recipe for cashew sesame noodles three years ago when I first started this blog (It was my sixth post). Since that was before I knew how to do printable recipes or take a fairly decent photo, and since this is a scrumptious recipe worth repeating, and it’s meatless, I am sharing it again!
Some of the ingredients you may not typically have on hand, but are readily available at most groceries. The recipe calls for a pound of thin spaghetti per recipe of sauce, but we like lots of sauce, so I double the recipe per pound of noodles.
Cashew Sesame Noodles
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta (cooked and drained)
- 2 teaspoons of jarred chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/3 c water
- Blend all ingredients in blender very well (except pasta). I serve it at room temperature over angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti, and sometimes add chunks of cooked chicken breast. It is supposed to serve 6 – 8, but for us it maybe serves 4!
Blend all the ingredients well (except pasta) in the blender.
In the meantime, cook your pasta according to package directions.
When your pasta is drained, you can either mix the sauce in with it all, or pour it on individual servings.
Sprinkle some cashews on top for pretty serving!
Hope you enjoy!
from Epicurious, I saw it on a tv show in 1995 🙂