My kids have always liked those cute little character shaped fruit snacks you can buy in the grocery, and frequently I would purchase them, mostly because they were either dinosaur shaped or a beloved cartoon movie character.
|Homemade Gummies|| |
- 3 ounce package of fruit flavored jello (regular not sugar free)
- One ¼ ounce package of unflavored gelatine
- ⅓ cup fruit juice or water
- Grease your molds, or a small loaf pan (7⅜″ x 3⅝″ x 2″ ) to cut into squares. You can use oil and a paper towel or cooking spray.
- Put all three ingredients in a sauce pan on low heat and bring to a low boil for 10 minutes, stirring so that it won’t stick.
- Then fill up your molds OR your small loaf pan (my pictures show two batches). One batch will make around 12-14 one inch square servings.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool for AT LEAST one hour or longer, till they’re completely set, and then either cut into squares or release them from the molds, and serve.
These lasted no time at all at my house, and even us grownups enjoyed them!
Because these tend to be small (and a possible choking hazard), don’t serve to young children.
I also used these adorable lego molds with chocolate for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Making an adorable Hot Chocolate Snowman Topper is another fun activity!
Or how about some creative and edible Frosting Based Playdough!
For lots more fun ideas for you and your kids, check out all my Kid’s category posts!