We enjoy a good meatball sub at our house. I make it easier by sometimes using already made meatballs from the grocery, and turning them into a crock pot recipe by putting the meatballs and spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, to simmer for a few hours, before making our subs. These also make a nice meal for a crowd, or an after church meal because you can have the crock pot going while you’re gone, and it’s ready when you get home. The bonus is that they are delicious and a crowd pleaser!
I used some store bought Angus beef meatballs with green and red peppers in them, and they were great.
Here’s how to make them:
- Your Favorite Meatballs
- Jar of Your Favorite Pasta Sauce
- Sub Buns
- Provolone Cheese
- Add your desired amount of meatballs and favorite spaghetti sauce (mine is Prego traditional) to the crock pot.
Simmer on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Choose your favorite sub rolls.
I bought some extra large hot dog buns from the bakery at the grocery.
Slice open your buns, but not all the way through because you don’t want your sauce to leak out, and fill with meatballs and sauce.
Top with provolone cheese (or your favorite).
Wrap each in foil (I used a quick spray of cooking spray where the foil would touch the cheese so it wouldn’t stick), and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven, or until the cheese is all gooey and melted.
- Good quality frozen (already cooked meatballs)
- Favorite pasta sauce--enough to cover meatballs
- Sub buns
- Provolone cheese slices
- Put meatballs and pasta sauce in crockpot and let simmer on high for about 4 hours or till heated through.
- Slice open your sub buns, but not all the way through because you don’t want your sauce to leak out, and fill with meatballs and sauce.
- Top with provolone cheese (or your favorite).
- Wrap each in foil (I used a quick spray of cooking spray where the foil would touch the cheese so it wouldn’t stick), and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven, or until the cheese is all gooey and melted.
Serve with some raw veggies or fruit, and you have a meal!
These are so good, I can’t wait to make them again!
Hope you enjoy!
Yay! Glad you liked them! They look so good with the provolone you used, I will have to try that one of these next times.
These look so good and so simple! I think this will be a big hit with my family. Thanks!
Yum and easy!!
I would love if you link this to my party on Monday
These look so yummy, will definitely have to give them a try!
We love meatball subs and these look awesome! I would love to have you share your recipe(s) at
The Shady Porch! Blessings, D
Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it at the table with Full Plate Thursday.
Hope to see you again soon!