It’s no secret on this blog that I LOVE pesto, since I’ve posted a bunch of my favorite recipes that feature pesto!
This Pesto & Tomato Grilled Cheese is one of my favorites!
Another favorite ingredient of mine is sun-dried tomatoes, and here are a couple of my favorite recipes with them!
Chicken salad is my newest favorite way to enjoy pesto and sun-dried tomatoes,
and the best part is that it’s easy, quick and so delicious!
Here is what you need:
2 cups cooked diced chicken (breasts, rotisserie or drained canned)
1/2 cup pesto
1/4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
2 Tbs. mayonnaise (if you love mayonnaise, feel free to add more)
This recipe is delicious no matter what kind of chicken you use, whether baked chicken breasts, store-bought rotisserie chicken or canned chicken breast!
Then choose your bread (or lettuce if you’re watching “carbs”).
My favorite choice is chicken salad on a croissant, but any bread works too!
Pesto and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken breasts, rotisserie or drained, canned
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise if you're a fan of mayonnaise, feel free to add more
- Bread croissants or lettuce
- Mix together your diced cooked chicken, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and mayonnaise.
- Serve on your choice of bread.
These sandwiches are absolutely scrumptious!
Some fun additions would be lettuce, sliced almonds or even bacon slices!
Hope you enjoy!