I found a scrumptious new “minus the meat” recipe this week for crispy bean burritos, and my family loved it! To me the result is just like a “taquito” without the meat, and when I’m not having a meatless day, I can’t wait to try them with meat too! Although I hardly ever fry food, this recipe looked too good to pass up, and on top of that, it’s ridiculously easy!
Here is what you need:
Shredded cheddar cheese, refried beans, oil, taco seasoning and tortillas.
Stir taco seasoning into the beans.
Spread a spoonful of bean mixture onto each tortilla (I used whole wheat and white).
Sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top.
Cover the bottom of whatever size pan you use with oil (I used canola). Gently place them in the pan and fry while turning, to get every side crispy and golden. It takes less than a minute for each side depending on how hot your pan and oil are (I have an electric stove and had it set between 2 and 3). Using tongs for this helps keep your burritos closed, and watch out for popping oil!
Set them on a paper towel lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Let them cool a bit and then serve.
These are delicious with salsa and sour cream!
Crispy, crunchy and tasty!
Crispy Bean Burritos (Taquitos)
- Around 8 flour tortillas I used whole wheat and white
- 1 can refried beans 16 ounce (I used vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Stir together the taco seasoning and beans and spread a spoonful down the middle of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll tightly.
- Cover bottom of pan with oil, place over medium low heat and gently place taquitos in pan, and fry while turning to get each side golden brown.
- It takes less than a minute for each side depending on how hot your pan and oil are (I have an electric stove and had it set between 2 and 3). Using tongs for this helps keep your burritos closed, and watch out for popping oil!
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve with sour cream and salsa.
You won’t be disappointed with these!
Hope you enjoy!