Mini Fruit Pizzas
In VBS last summer, my daughter took a cooking class, and they made these cute little fruit pizzas, and I have been wanting to make them ever since. They are sweet and a little bit tart, and beautiful to look at too!
My daughter was sent home from VBS with a little recipe book, but I googled these to see who to give credit to for the recipe, and I suspect it is Pillsbury, although there are lots of variations on the world wide web.
You need around 16 sugar cookies, although if you use less “frosting” on each you could probably squeeze out a few more.
Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe, or for convenience, ready to bake ones from the grocery.
Make up your sugar cookies (or bake according to package directions).
Mix up your “frosting” using 8 ounces of cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat), 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
Frost each cookie till you run out of frosting (around 16 cookies).
For the fruit, you will need about 3 cups of washed and cut up fruit. Make sure it’s as dry as possible before putting on the cookies, so they won’t get soggy. Lost of different fruits will work: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges… Whatever you like. I used raspberries, strawberries, kiwi and blueberries.
The design is pretty much up to you and whatever you think looks pretty.
My sister and I “designed” a layout on the counter before we started decorating the cookies.
Mini Fruit Pizzas
- 16 to 24 Sugar Cookies or 1 package (16 ounces of ready to bake kind)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 cups of assorted fruits
- optional: drizzle with white chocolate or dust with powdered sugar
- Bake sugar cookies as normal and let cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice till frosting consistency.
- Spread on sugar cookies.
- Wash, drain and cut up fruit.
- Arrange fruit on top of frosting.
- Serve these pretty quickly. After several hours they tend to get soft.
- If you won't be serving these right away, cover them and put in the refrigerator
- till you're ready to serve.
- Optional: Before serving: Drizzle with white chocolate or dust with powdered sugar.
My husband loved these cookies and just raved over them.
I think these cookies would make a darling tea, shower or birthday party addition!
Hope you enjoy!
What a quick and easy treat. Like you, I can think of so many times when they would be a perfect sweet bite.
They are so yummy, hope you enjoy! 🙂
Great alternative to chocolate! Would love for you to stop by and link this to Friday Favorites at I’m Not a Trophy Wife! Yum!! laura
I love your mini fruit pizza’s, these would be great for a party. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a very special week.
Come Back Soon!
So fun and easy. Such a tasty treat.