My husband has a fondness for banana desserts and banana bread, and since I aim to please,
often times I pick my recipes with him in mind.
It gives me a lot of satisfaction to know that he enjoys something I’ve made.
This banana cake turned out so delicious,
and while the cake is a dense cake because of the bananas in it,
the frosting is so light, and so they complement each other nicely.
The recipe is from a tiny spiral bound cookbook called 101 Recipes with Bananas.
Here is what you need to make it:
16.5 ounce yellow cake mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 nicely ripened bananas, mashed
Now if your bananas are soft enough, just mix all the ingredients together with a mixer.
Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 inch baking dish,
and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 30 -35 minutes,
or until the cake will spring back when you touch the middle of it.
To make the light “frosting” for this cake, you need:
1 cup milk
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (5.1 ounces)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
First mix together the milk, pudding and powdered sugar with your mixer,
then fold in the whipped topping.
When the cake is completely cool,
top with the “frosting,” and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Luscious Banana Cake
- 16.5 ounce yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 nicely ripened bananas mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding 5.1 ounces
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping
- If your bananas are soft enough, just mix all the ingredients together with a mixer, for around two minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking dish,
- and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 30 -35 minutes,
- or until the cake will spring back when you touch the middle of it.
- While the cake is cooling, you can make the frosting.
- First mix together the milk, pudding and powdered sugar with your mixer,
- then fold in the whipped topping.
- When the cake is completely cool, top with the "frosting," and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy it!
Some of our other favorite banana desserts are: