My husband has a fondness for banana desserts and banana bread, and since I aim to please,
often times I pick my recipes with him in mind.
It gives me a lot of satisfaction to know that he enjoys something I’ve made.
This banana cake turned out so delicious,
and while the cake is a dense cake because of the bananas in it,
the frosting is so light, and so they complement each other nicely.
To make the light “frosting” for this cake, you need:
1 cup milk
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (5.1 ounces)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
When the cake is completely cool,
top with the “frosting,” and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- 16.5 ounce yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 nicely ripened bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding (5.1 ounces)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- If your bananas are soft enough, just mix all the ingredients together with a mixer, for around two minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking dish,
- and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 30 -35 minutes,
- or until the cake will spring back when you touch the middle of it.
- While the cake is cooling, you can make the frosting.
- First mix together the milk, pudding and powdered sugar with your mixer,
- then fold in the whipped topping.
- When the cake is completely cool, top with the "frosting," and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy it!
Some of our other favorite banana desserts are: