Home » How to Clean Chrome Bathroom Fixtures

How to Clean Chrome Bathroom Fixtures

Bathrooms are my least favorite rooms to clean, but there is a satisfaction
when I’m done and everything is shiny and smelling nice,
especially my chrome bathroom fixtures!
I’m tickled over this newest trick
using lemon to shine up the chrome in your bathroom.

lemons

It worked like a charm!

lemon shine2

You know that yucky build up that some water sources leave on fixtures
unless they are dried off EVERY time they get wet?
It doesn’t seem to come off easily even with multipurpose cleaners.
I can get it off with vinegar, but the lemons smell much nicer.

lemon shine3

Just cut a lemon in half and scrub the chrome with the inside
part of the lemon.
If the stains are stubborn let it set on for a couple of minutes,
wipe and repeat if necessary.

lemon shine4

The results are beautiful!

lemon shine5

It’s better than any cleaner I’ve ever tried on chrome,
and no toxic chemicals!

lemon shine6

Nice camera shot… 😛

lemon shine7

lemon-shine6

When you’re done with the lemons, throw the lemon peels down the dish disposal for a fresh lemony smell!

How to Clean Chrome Bathroom Fixtures, Joyful Homemaking

Just like I did with orange peels in this post on cleaning and sweetening your home.

how-to-clean-chrome-bathroom-fixtures

For more tips on making cleaning the bathroom a less dreaded chore,
check out some of my past posts!

tub and shower cleaner

Simple Shower and Tub Cleaner
The quickest way to clean a shower and tub!

4 Must Read Bathroom Cleaning Tips
You can use dryer sheets in the bathroom too…!

How to Clean Chrome Bathroom Fixtures, Joyful Homemaking

Vinegar Cleans Mineral Deposits
Your shower head will run better!

clean garbage can

Easy Way to Clean a Garbage Can

hairspray-remover

Lots of tips from our “Think Tank Thursday” parties.

Happy Cleaning!

1. Paige
    July 3, 2014 / 12:45 am

Just read the lemon tip to keep chrome bath (and kitchen, I presume) fixtures clean and shiny. Although I do wipe mine dry with a micro-towel every time after use, this will add that little bit of extra luxure. Thanks so much for this tip!

2. July 8, 2014 / 12:40 pm

I’m glad I saw this before hopping in the shower because the chrome there does need cleaning. I’m showering with lemons!

3. February 10, 2017 / 10:54 am

This is super smart! My house could definitely use it!

4. February 10, 2017 / 11:31 am

We use vinegar and the house smells like a fish and chip shop for hours after so lemon sounds like a much better choice – definitely worth a try! Thanks for sharing!

• Margo
      Author
      February 11, 2017 / 8:59 am

Vinegar is great, but the lemon DOES smell better! 🙂

5. February 12, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Fantastic tip, thank you! I definitely need to implement it in my own home. Natural cleaning hacks are the best.

6. March 1, 2017 / 9:23 am

It’s like you read my mind. Lately I’ve been struggling to get my fixtures clean. Going to try the lemon trick!

7. March 1, 2017 / 9:24 am

It’s like you read my mind! I’ve been fighting to get my fixtures clean. Going to try the lemon!

• Margo
      Author
      March 1, 2017 / 9:46 am

It works great and smells awesome! 🙂

8. March 1, 2017 / 11:22 pm

My faucets are dingy and I’m adding lemons to my grocery list, thanks for the tip!

9. Linda S. in NE
    April 9, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Well, who knew? Not me!! I rarely have lemons in the house, but I am putting them on my grocery list right now. Thanks so much for the tip.

10. Linda S. in NE
    January 7, 2019 / 8:58 pm

I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to thank you for telling us about this trick to getting our chrome fixtures shiny again. I had plenty of “juice/fiber” left after I cleaned the faucet, so I just thought why not see how this works on the fiberglass shower stall? Years and years of soap scum build-up, and I kid you not, it literally melted off with one pass of the lemon. Used it on the glass shower doors as well. Love this trick!! TFS