When giving gifts to loved ones or hosting friends or family during the holidays, don’t you want to be thoughtful and prepared, instead of running around helter skelter feeling frantic!?
Trust me, that’s been me quite a few times, and it’s not fun.
I love Christmas time when I can focus on Christ and the amazing gift of His birth, especially when I’m not feeling overwhelmed.
Because I also enjoy giving gifts to my loved ones and hosting friends or family during the month of December, and I DON’T want to be stressed, I like to plan and do as much as I can ahead of time.
One tip that helps me SO much is to write down gift ideas during the year when someone mentions what they like or wish for. So I almost always have a good idea for each person I’m buying gifts for, instead of a generic gift last minute.
If you desire to have a more relaxed holiday season, I have 2 free printables that may help you.
Now, I don’t do everything on this list, and you certainly don’t have to do everything either. Pick and choose what works for you and your family.
A few years ago I wrote an article about stressing down Christmas to enjoy and celebrate the birth of Christ and the time with loved ones.
HERE’S A SUMMARY:
or (Full Article)
- Only do those activities and traditions that are most important to you and your family.
- Plan ahead and make lists for those things that ARE important to you.
- Get help.
- Keep an eye on your to do lists, and fit things into your schedule a little at a time.
- Choose only your favorite decorations to decorate with (My favorites are the manger scene my husband made for me, and our Christmas tree because I love the glow of the lights and the memories the Christmas ornaments bring).
- Make time to turn off social media and TV.
- Reduce the amount of gifts you buy.
- Don’t add any extra responsibilities or commitments to this already busy time (no remodeling).
- Remember, December 25th is one 24 hour day, and don’t put all your expectations on that one day.
With all of this in mind, use these printables to help decide what’s most important to you, INSTEAD of a to do list that stresses you out!