Home » Taco Pasta

Taco Pasta

Pasta of any kind is an absolute favorite at our house, and so are tacos. Who would have thought of putting pasta and tacos together in the same dish!? This recipe actually amazed  me with how delicious it turned out! I bought Better Homes and Gardens Pasta Volume 2 at a library book sale for less than a dollar, and found this recipe which combined these two of our family’s favorite types of food, pasta and tacos into one very special dish.

taco spaghetti newfinal2

The flavors were so well combined and smokey, and even my hubby thought it was delicious, and he isn’t always a fan of trying new culinary concoctions.
Anyway, if you would like to try this delicious dish, here is what you need:

INGREDIENTS:

• A pound of ground beef
  • 5 oz. spaghetti noodles broken in smaller pieces
  • 1/2 chopped onion (I used dried minced onion.)
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning
  • 11 oz. can of corn (if you like the corn with sweet peppers, you can use that), drained
  • 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 3/4 cup of salsa
  • 4 cups of lettuce, shredded
  • 1 large or 2 small tomatoes
  • A cup of broken up tortilla chips
  • Options: 1 cup of pitted sliced olives, 4 oz. of green chili peppers (drained and diced),  sour cream
Taco Spaghetti

DIRECTIONS:

• Make your pasta, rinse and drain.
  • In a large pan brown your ground beef and cook the onion also. Drain out any fat, and then add the taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring a few times so it won’t stick to the pan.
  • Add the pasta, corn, salsa, half a cup of cheddar cheese, and if you like, the olives and chili peppers.
  • Lightly mix and then pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
  • Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with the other 1/2 cup of cheese, and you are ready to serve with the lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
Taco Pasta, Joyful Homemaking

Taco Pasta

Print Recipe

Ingredients

• A pound of ground beef
  • 5 oz. spaghetti noodles broken in smaller pieces
  • 1/2 chopped onion I used dried minced onion.
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning
  • 11 oz. can of corn if you like the corn with sweet peppers, you can use that, drained
  • 1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
  • 3/4 cup of salsa
  • 4 cups of lettuce shredded
  • 1 large or 2 small tomatoes
  • A cup of broken up tortilla chips
  • Options: 1 cup of pitted sliced olives 4 oz. of green chili peppers (drained and diced), sour cream

Instructions

• Make your pasta, rinse and drain.
  • In a large pan brown your ground beef and cook the onion also.
  • Drain out any fat, and then add the taco seasoning and water.
  • Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring a few times so it won’t stick to the pan.
  • Lightly mix and then pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Servings: 4

Now this recipe says it serves six, but when I made it,
it only served 3 hungry adults.

taco spaghetti newfinal3I really can’t express how yummy this dish is,
and I hope you will try it and enjoy!

Taco Spaghetti

1. Ethnic Girl Fun
    August 17, 2011 / 1:45 pm

This looks yummy!

2. Crystal
    August 17, 2011 / 4:42 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever had anything like that before- Taco Spaghetti. Looks really delish.

Thanks for linking up.

3. Lauren
    August 17, 2011 / 10:04 pm

Like the others, I have never heard of such a fab mix of dish’s! My girls love a little spice so this is going on my meal plan this week, thanks 😀

4. August 18, 2011 / 12:09 am

I’m going to have to try this! Looks great! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

5. Abby
    August 18, 2011 / 5:41 pm

Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

6. August 19, 2011 / 1:24 am

This looks really good, but I’d probably leave out the corn. Did the noodles get crunchy at all in the oven?

7. LaVonne @ Long Wait
    August 19, 2011 / 2:01 am

This one sounds good, and simple! I love it. I will have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing!

I am visiting from TILT. It is nice to “meet” you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

8. August 19, 2011 / 2:07 am

I love to feature this recipe next week! Thanks so much for linking to Thrifty Thursday! 🙂

9. August 19, 2011 / 2:18 pm

hey this is like spaghetti tacos from icarly 🙂 my girls and husband would love this might make it for him and figure out how to make it vegan for me

10. August 19, 2011 / 8:46 pm

This represents all of our favorite foods, too! I’m going to make this tonight, as we already had a more expected pasta dish last night but I don’t have any flour tortillas in the house. Problem solved! Dinner planned! Thank you for this idea, and for linking to Food on Fridays!

annkroeker.com

11. August 19, 2011 / 11:15 pm

This looks great. I can’t wait to try it!

12. August 19, 2011 / 11:26 pm

You know, this looks wonderful… wonder how it would taste with ground turkey? We are not beef eaters so I’ll give it a try!
    Thank you for posting this. Always nice to try something different!
    Following from “Under $100.” linkey party.
    Sandy

13. August 20, 2011 / 7:33 pm

Hi Margo,
    What a great find in the book and the recipe. We would really love this Taco Spaghetti, it looks like a great meal. Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come back soon,
    Miz Helen

14. August 21, 2011 / 4:21 pm

That looks great! Definitely not something I would have thought of. Thanks for the share! Found you on a blog hop!

15. August 22, 2011 / 12:28 am

Looks really tasty, I would have to try this sometime.

16. August 22, 2011 / 10:01 pm

Really appreciate you linking up this awesome masterpiece at the Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop 🙂

17. August 23, 2011 / 2:35 pm

This looks yummy! I know dh would love it because he loves Mexican food and enjoy a good pasta.

18. August 23, 2011 / 8:09 pm

This sounds so good! We love to eat Mexican food! Thanks for sharing 🙂

19. August 24, 2011 / 1:04 am

That looks really good! When I read the title, I wasn’t sure…but I am definitely going to try it! Thanks for sharing. YUM 🙂

20. Terry
    August 24, 2011 / 10:49 am

I love spaghetti and tacos and the combination sounds wonderful! I’ll be making this very soon, if you have time – please stop over and link up at my party which goes on every weekend…

21. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
    August 25, 2011 / 12:00 am

Oh yum! I am sooooooo making this!

22. Sarah E.
    August 25, 2011 / 2:10 am

That looks very good! I love spaghetti and I’ve tried a bunch of variations, but not this one!

23. Becky @ Buzzy Bee Creations
    August 25, 2011 / 4:31 am

Oh my! My husband would be quite happy if I made this for him. Thanks!

24. Morsels of Life
    August 25, 2011 / 1:13 pm

What a great find – book and recipe! It combines two of my favorites – spaghetti and tacos 🙂

25. Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas
    August 27, 2011 / 2:09 am

Looks delicious! I am going to try this next week! Thank you for the tip!
    Leticia

26. ♥Carlos, Elizabeth, and Addison♥
    August 27, 2011 / 2:17 am

I just made this and it was delicious!!! I crushed my chips and mixed them in for texture.

27. Kim from Maiden D'Shade
    August 27, 2011 / 4:28 am

Ok, going to have to try this one! Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing!

28. Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
    September 14, 2011 / 7:20 pm

I made this for dinner tonight and yum, yum, yum! I was so glad there was a little bit left over so that I got to have it for lunch today!

29. October 19, 2011 / 11:34 pm

I added Borracho (sp) beans!

30. Corey
    November 13, 2011 / 2:58 pm

Margo, Love this recipe. 2 of my favorite foods mashed together! This recipe looks awesome AND easy!
    I would be honored if you would share it on my Recipe of the Week #2 PASTA post! There is a gift card giveaway 😉 Hope come join in the fun!

PS… thanks for making me super hungry at 8:00am in the morning! HA 🙂

31. Corey
    November 13, 2011 / 5:11 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe of the Week! I really am excited to try this one out! If you have any other pasta recipes you would like to share, please add them! The more pasta the merrier! hehe

32. Chrissy.Barile
    November 17, 2011 / 4:55 pm

I cant believe I haven’t thought of this before!! Brilliant. Can’t wait to try it!!

33. Chrissy.Barile
    November 17, 2011 / 4:55 pm

P.S. Im pinning this!

34. Becka
    April 7, 2012 / 3:16 pm

I just discovered your blog through iheart Organizing and just happened to see this on your sidebar! It looks so yummy! I think I’m going to make it tonight since I already have almost ALL of the ingredients!

I’m enjoying exploring your site. Keep up the great work! 🙂

Also, I would love to know how you did that with the pics on your sidebar and linking them to the posts. 😉

P.S. We’re in week 9 of FPU and loving it! 😉

35. Sue
    June 4, 2012 / 6:16 pm

We tried it last week! I doubled the recipe since I had 2 pds ground beef thawed. We had enough for 2 meals (and we are 5, incl. three grown kids) and 2 extra freezer portions for the hub. SOOOOO yummy, even my picky younger son liked it. Thank you!
    Sue