This post brought to you by Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am so thankful that Spring is on it’s way! The winter here has really been a tough one, and to see buds poking through the ground, and being able to get the kids outside to shoot hoops and ride bikes is such a great feeling! Easter is in a week, and I know many of us will be cooking for our families and friends. Did you know that Sam’s Club has a bunch of recipes to help you celebrate Spring?
I went to the Sam’s Club website and selected the cheddar corn casserole recipe to try, since I enjoy corn prepared pretty much any way.
The recipe called for 4 cans of Del Monte® corn, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, hot sauce… and any number of yummy optional ingredients to tailor it to your family’s particular tastes.
From the optional choices to add, I decided to use ham and make the casserole more of a main dish than a side.
It was simple to mix everything together and bake it!
Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 4 15 ounce cans corn (drained)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (brought to room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 pound lean ham (cubed)
- 3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, cream cheese and minced onions.
- In another bowl mix together the corn, ham and Cheddar cheese.
- Lightly toss ingredients from both bowls together, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cover with foil, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 35-40 minutes or till everything is hot throughout and the cheese is nicely melted.
When I made it, I used about a Tablespoon of minced dried onions instead of the green onions, and baked the casserole a little longer than the suggested time, since I added a pound of ham. My husband and I both really enjoyed the flavor, with the sweet corn and tangy cheese, it was a really nice combination. We decided it would also work great as a dip with tortilla chips!
If you like something besides corn, the website has recipes for creamy mashed potatoes, brown sugar bacon green beans, green bean casserole, a crunchy onion chicken & noodle dinner, and many other delicious looking recipes!