|

Frugal Artwork and a Fail

I’ve been trying to put together a cohesive and colorful look to the shared bedroom of my youngest son and daughter. After looking at rugs, and deciding I didn’t want to invest the money right now, I brought one up from the basement play area instead.

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,
With the addition of this rug (which I should have vacuumed before I took a picture) and the balloon wreath that I made previously, I decided to scrap the idea of a brown, green and white only decor, and with that, the creatures artwork I had made for the room also.
, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

So I needed some more primary colored artwork without spending much. Here is what I came up with.

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

First, I painted a frame which I already had lying around in the basement, white. Then, since I had purchased a couple of colorful pillowcases, I decided to frame one, and hang it up.

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

Sorry, it’s hard to get a good picture with the glare from the glass.
I like how it pulls out some of the colors from the rug without being to busy.

I was poking around in the office supplies section at Big Lots, and found a colorful folder with the chevron pattern on it, and decided to turn it into artwork as well.

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,
Again, I used a spare frame,
, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

and painted it white, and then simply framed the folder.

, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,

It contains the same red, green and gold as the rug.
The room is really coming together and starting to look warm, colorful and inviting. All I have left to do is organize the toys and shelves, and switch out some of the bins, and hopefully I’ll be ready soon to show the room all done!

Blessings,
, Frugal Artwork and a Fail,