Happy Monday! If you've followed my blog for awhile, you probably remember that I used to post my meal plan each week, but then took a break in March. I've decided to do something similar to that again, by posting quick dinner ideas weekly, for those of us who at times are wracking our brains to keep dinner interesting.
Also, to me, "quick" dinner ideas doesn't necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes in the:
- having a plan for this week's dinners
- having the ingredients on hand--(aka a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
To make dinner even quicker, plan a few super simple dinner ideas for those nights that you literally may have minutes to spare:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta dinner in a bag from the freezer section
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make "Making Dinner"Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week's quick dinner ideas:
Lemon ricotta pasta with spinach and red peppers
Grocery list: Fettuccine, ricotta cheese, lemon, garlic, lemon juice, spinach, red pepper, olive oil and crushed red pepper
Bacon and egg crescent squares and fruit salad
Grocery list: Eggs, crescent rolls, bacon, Parmesan cheese, parsley and assorted fruits
Crock pot baked potato bar
Grocery list: Baking potatoes, shredded cheese, broccoli, bacon and sour cream
Pizza Bread Salad
Grocery list: Lettuce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, breadsticks, tomatoes, Italian dressing and basil
Grocery list: Steak, tortillas, onions, peppers, salsa, cheese and sour cream
Grocery list: Lettuce, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, ground meat, taco seasoning, tortillas, tomatoes, Italian dressing
There you go, hope this gives you some inspiration in your meal planning this week!