Ok, I admit it. I have a fixation with pizza. Last week Taco pizza, and before that, Breakfast pizza, Puff pastry pizza pockets, Garlic mashed potato pizza, Garlic butter, chicken, vegetable and feta cheese pizza,
and finally my favorite Pizza dough recipe where I made chicken pesto stromboli. Yikes, I didn't realize exactly how many times I've posted pizza recipes till I looked back and figured it out. I get it honestly though, as we made pizza every Friday night growing up.
Today's recipe I adapted from Pillsbury's Annual Recipes 2010 cookbook which my sweet mom bought me for Christmas. We share a love of cookbooks.
Here is what you need to make this yummy salad:
1/2 c Italian dressing (I used light)
1 teaspoon dried basil (could use 1 T fresh chopped basil)
1 10 oz. bag Italian salad mix or hearts of romaine lettuce, torn bite size
4-6 garlic bread sticks
25 slices turkey pepperoni chopped
1-2 tomatoes chopped
4 oz. mozzarella cheese cut into bite size cubes
Slice up your cheese,
chop the tomatoes,
Bake your bread sticks and cut into bite size pieces.
Mix dressing and basil together.
When ready to serve, assemble all your salad ingredients, pour the dressing over, and toss to coat.
Pizza Bread Salad
- 1/2 c Italian dressing I used light
- 1 teaspoon dried basil could use 1 T fresh chopped basil
- 1 10 oz. bag Italian salad mix or hearts of romaine lettuce torn bite size
- 4-6 garlic bread sticks
- 25 slices turkey pepperoni chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese cut into bite size cubes
- Slice up the cheese, and chop up the tomatoes and pepperoni. Bake the breadsticks according the package.
- Then slice them up into bite size pieces.
- Mix dressing and basil together.
- When ready to serve, assemble all your salad ingredients, pour the dressing over, and toss to coat.