Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Grocery list: Italian bread, pepperoni, Mozzarella slices, butter and pasta sauce for dipping
Avocado Tomato & Habanero Jack Grilled Cheese
Grocery list: Sourdough bread, Habanero Jack cheese, avocado, lemon juice and tomato
Grocery list: Tortillas, ground beef, taco seasoning, lettuce tomatoes, sour cream and shredded Mexican cheese
Wendy's Copycat Berry Almond Salad
Grocery list: Mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, Asiago cheese, sliced almonds, grilled chicken breast and raspberry vinaigrette
Super Easy Chicken Black Bean and Salsa Soup
Grocery list: Chicken breasts, salsa, chicken broth, black beans, instant rice, corn, sour cream, green onions, Cheddar cheese and corn chips
Crockpot Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Grocery list: Cooked beef roast, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, onion, canned tomatoes, green beans, Balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and herb seasoning and beef stock
Have a great week!