Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Taco pie and salad
Grocery list: Pie crust, ground beef, taco seasoning, olives, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, corn chips and salad ingredients
Turkey, peas and roasted white and sweet potatoes
Grocery list: Turkey breast, frozen peas, 2 white potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, olive oil, onion soup mix
Grocery list: Dinner rolls, ham, swiss cheese, mustard, poppy seeds, worcestershire sauce and veggies
Grocery list: Chicken, tomatoes and green chiles, rice, Monterey jack cheese, lettuce and sour cream optional