Happy Monday! Here’s this week’s edition of “Quick Dinner Ideas.”
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta “dinner in a bag” from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Super easy Chicken Pot Pie
Grocery List: Chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, mixed vegetables and pie crusts
Italian meatball soup and breadsticks
Grocery list: Meatballs, beef broth, Italian style stewed tomatoes, frozen stew vegetables and breadsticks
Grocery list: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, chicken, breadsticks and dressing
Grocery list: Pork loin, ketchup, onion, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, buns, coleslaw, fruit and baked chips
Grocery list: Bow tie pasta, olive oil, pesto, Italian dressing, chicken, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese
Hope you have a great week!