We love breakfast for dinner at our house! I enjoy it because if I didn’t thaw something for dinner, or I need a super quick meal to put together, pancakes or eggs, or even cereal and fruit it is! On Friday nights, I like to do something special for dinner, whether it’s something fancy, or I just make a nice dessert for afterwards. So last Friday evening, I put together a pancake bar, and it was so fun and pretty too, and I decided it was even special enough to work for company sometime!
I totally admit I bought ready made frozen pancakes for this meal because I knew I would be taking pictures, and I wanted my pancakes to look pretty and all the same size! 😛 I will include my pancake recipe in the printable recipe though. 🙂
For my pancake bar, of course I started with the pancakes, then added some lovely toppings, so that everyone could choose what they liked best.
- Whipped cream
- Toasted Pecans
- Chopped Bananas (do these last so they won’t turn brown)
- Confetti Sprinkles
- Chocolate Chips
- Hardboiled Eggs
All the different colors make such a pretty presentation even with no other decorations!
My family loved choosing their favorite tasty treats to go on top of their pancakes!
|Pancake Bar|| || |
- Here’s the pancake recipe:
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- ⅔ cup cinnamon chips
- Bar options: Butter, Syrup, Whipped cream, Toasted Pecans, Chopped Bananas (do these last so they won’t turn brown), Blueberries, Strawberries, Confetti Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips
- Extras: Hardboiled Eggs, Bacon, Yogurt, Pineapple, Peaches, Raspberries, Blackberries, Honey, Flavored Syrups, Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Powdered Sugar, Coconut,, Sausages, Hashbrowns
- They’re easy and quick to make, just mix your dry ingredients together, then your wet ingredients, and then combine them both.
- This recipe makes 30 “4 inch” pancakes. If you have an ⅛ cup measuring cup, it’s the perfect amount for portioning the batter on the griddle or frying pan.
- Drop by ⅛ cup measure onto griddle or frying pan on medium low heat.
- Flip over when bubbles start to appear on top.
- Flavored Syrups
- Cottage Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
Since we love pancakes so much at my house, here are a couple other luscious pancake recipes I’ve posted:
Copycat Cinnamon Pancakes
These are made with yummy cinnamon chips!
Perfect for this time of year or anytime!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
These are amazing!
If you’re up to the challenge, you could even host a pancake bar with different kinds of pancakes!