Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner” Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich and fruit salad
Grocery list: Favorite bread and cheese slices, eggs, bacon, butter and fruit salad ingredients
Pesto chicken salad sandwiches
Grocery list: Chicken, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, mayonnaise and Italian bread
Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Red Peppers and Spinach
Grocery List: Ricotta cheese, red peppers, spinach, garlic, lemon and fettuccine noodles
Crispy Bean Burritos (Taquitos)
Grocery list: Tortillas, refried beans, taco seasoning, vegetable oil, Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream
Pepperoni and cheese stromboli and raw veggies
Grocery list: Dough ingredients, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and raw veggies
Hope you have a great week!