Chore Kits with Printable

I recently found out about chore kits, and thought it was an amazing way for getting chores done around the house!  In my opinion, it’s an efficient and satisfactory way to get your house together, which can be so challenging with everyone’s busy lives.
Anything that will make keeping my house sparkling off of a hoarding reality tv show, is a winner in my book!

I saw this idea on Pinterest from This Is How We Mommy, and I had to give it a spin. It keeps the cleaning supplies for each room in a bin or basket.  A list of what needs to be done in that room is attached to the outside of the basket.  So that way if it’s a spouse, child, or helper cleaning, they know what the expectations are for getting each room tidy and clean.

chore kits with free chore printable

Isn’t this a nifty idea?! You can save so much time by not having to gather your cleaning tools from opposite ends of the house when you need something.  Since all the supplies you need, like dusting rags, sprays, dust pans, wipes etc. are at your fingertips, that’s almost half the battle done.

chore kits with free chore printableBut that’s not the only benefit of these kits, I made up a list of chores that need to be done for each room.   I’ve made it into a free pdf file so you can print it and attach it to your baskets too!

Let me show you how I made my chore kits:

chore kits with free chore printable

I picked up these baskets to use from a dollar store.

free chore printable

Finally, in Word, I made up a printable document with a list of chores for each room, and spaced them so I could cut them up into separate cards.

free chore printable

To make them nice and sturdy, I purchased laminating pouches (I use them frequently for many other projects as well).

free chore printable

They are so easy to use, you just slip the paper in and seal it!

free chore printable

Then I used a cutter to cut the lists into squares of equal size, leaving extra room on top to punch holes.

free chore printable

free chore printable

After lining them up on the baskets where I wanted to position them, and marking with a dry erase pen, I punched my holes with a hole puncher.

chore kits with free chore printableYou could use ribbon, yarn or twine to tie each card onto the baskets.

chore kits with free chore printableFor the supplies, just use your family’s favorite cleaning products.

****Also, if you will have children helping with the cleaning, make sure the products you use are appropriate and safe for their ages.

chore kits with free chore printableIn my kits, I included microfiber cloths, and various dusters, magic erasers, wet mop cloths, scrubby pads, general all purpose cleaning sprays, mini dust pans (I got mine from a dollar store), disinfectant wipes, and my favorite fill-able dish wands.  These are the ones I use to clean tubs and showers.

chore kits with free chore printableI was easily able to fit in everything I needed, except of course a mop and broom.  🙂

chore kits with free chore printable

The chore lists for each room are the perfect additions to these kits!

chore kits with free chore printableStore them where ever is safe and convenient for your family.
If you have little ones, of course keep the kits up out of their reach.

chore kits with free chore printable

chore kits with free chore printable

Have fun making up your own chore kits!

chore kits with printables for each room

If you’d like to get started with printable chore charts, I have just the ones for you in different colors!

Free Printable Chore Chart

In addition, here are some other cleaning tips, just click on the picture to go to the post!

simple tub and shower cleaner

simple trick for cleaning mini blinds

homemade sink cleanser

Bathroom Cleaning Tips

Get Rid of Ugly Mineral Deposits
How to Get Rid of Ugly Mineral Deposits

For more cleaning tips, check HERE

1. May 18, 2015 / 11:26 am

Hey, great idea! Need to pin this to try with my four year old. She actually really likes to “clean” (she tries) and loves when we let her use the sponges and sprayers. I think she would love this and what a great idea to start instilling the idea of responsibility. Found you on the Inspirtation Monday link up. Thanks for sharing!

2. Erin @ the-organized-life
    May 18, 2015 / 2:02 pm

I love the idea of keeping all the cleaning supplies needed in each room. Sure does cut down on running up and down the stairs to grab everything you need. Cute baskets and printables as well. Thanks for sharing!

3. May 18, 2015 / 11:27 pm

These are so cute!! My children have recently started doing chores and this would so cut down on some of the time wasted when they are doing chores.

4. May 20, 2015 / 7:36 pm

This is such a great idea! I wonder if it will work for my boyfriend 😉

Thanks for sharing at the Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party!

5. May 20, 2015 / 9:45 pm

What a fantastic idea! I have got to make myself up some of my own baskets. Thanks for the idea!

6. May 27, 2015 / 6:47 pm

This is awesome! I love the addition of the chore list printable. Thanks for sharing!

7. June 11, 2015 / 9:40 am

Thanks for sharing such an amazing idea,I really cant wait to try it at home. The kids will surly be mad they have to clean but its a nice way to put them to work in an orderly fashion.

• Margo
      Author
      February 29, 2016 / 12:16 pm

You’re welcome! My younger son has been helping me this morning get caught up on laundry, and we’re both benefiting by doing a chore together! 🙂

8. May 2, 2016 / 10:38 pm

Wow, you are so organized! I though I was but I have a lot to learn. Thanks for linking up with Funtastic Friday.

• Margo
      Author
      May 3, 2016 / 12:03 pm

I try, but things don’t always go as planned! 😛

9. July 27, 2016 / 9:30 am

What a great concept!! I found this post through the Homemaking Link Party. I might tailor it and make a basket for each child with different responsibilities based on their ages, but great idea!

10. Amanda
    September 18, 2016 / 8:59 pm

I discovered this on Pinterest. What a GREAT idea! Thanks for the free printable too. I can’t wait to make these….I almost need a few for myself!! 😉 (Maybe it would make my chores more enjoyable!!)

• Margo
      Author
      September 19, 2016 / 11:33 am

It helps us “old folks” (me) remember everything too! 🙂

11. grablelisa
    November 4, 2016 / 1:03 pm

Great ideas – pinning!

12. Sabrina at Kids Crunch and Christ
    December 28, 2016 / 11:39 am

Cute idea! I may have to try something along these lines!

13. February 2, 2017 / 3:43 pm

This is fantastic! Now i just need to figure out where to keep each room…

14. February 10, 2017 / 11:16 pm

Margo, can I tell you I love your cleaning tips! Thanks! Also, I have a sister named Margo! Great name.

• Margo
      Author
      February 11, 2017 / 8:58 am

Thank you! I kinda like the name “Margo” too. 😉

15. March 7, 2017 / 10:34 am

I normally keep everything I need to clean in one big container. I can see how having different containers would work. I like the one for the bathroom especially. Now I might have two containers.

16. March 7, 2017 / 11:41 am

Great idea! I know my Mom used to do something similar for the bathrooms. We would often just walk what we needed over to our bedrooms to clean.

17. March 7, 2017 / 4:06 pm

These are great! We have something similar for my son who is responsible for cleaning the toilets (which is a job he actually loves! lol!), but I really like the addition of instructions.

18. March 8, 2017 / 7:11 am

Oh my goodness. I love this! Going to do this over the weekend and get my boys to help me.

19. March 8, 2017 / 10:54 am

Oh my gosh I love this idea!!! I’ve always struggled to come up with ideas for my Little Man for age appropriate chores. This whole idea is wonderful and keeps it all together!

20. March 10, 2017 / 9:25 am

What a great way to keep track of chores! I will definitely be employing the use of that printable, thank you!

21. March 11, 2017 / 10:02 pm

What a great idea! So nice to have a basket in each room. Thank you for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday! Pinning

22. March 17, 2017 / 10:13 am

What a fabulous idea! I’m going to do it! Thanks for sharing!

23. Erin Groff
    April 24, 2017 / 7:03 pm

I’d love to see listed what you have in each basket, for each space! Thanks!
    Erin

• PJ
      July 6, 2017 / 12:48 am

So would I.

24. September 14, 2017 / 12:59 am

This is a good idea I need this in my house hold. I do not have kids but I can use it.

25. February 6, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Brilliant cleaning hacks! Love it!

26. February 11, 2018 / 5:29 pm

What a novel idea! I’m always writing individual lists- this sounds a much better use of time! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday .

27. February 28, 2018 / 7:51 am

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #WWBlogHop this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on Tuesday evening to see your feature! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to stop by and see your feaure. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please be sure to leave your link number or post title so we can be sure to visit!