I saw this recipe in a bargain cookbook, and instantly wanted to try it out. Pretty much anything with pumpkin has got to be good…Right???
These were easily the best cupcakes I’ve ever had! My usual favorite cupcake is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and I also like these raspberry filled ones which I’ve shown here before, but these pumpkin spice cupcakes were fantastic! Serve them with a cup of coffee….YUM.
First mix all the ingredients together, and beat with a mixer for two minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until when you touch the top it springs back for you (at least that is what my cake baker mom tells me). Let them cool, if you can wait.
They smell so good, that believe me, it’s tough!
you can go with a store bought vanilla or cream cheese frosting, or your favorite homemade version, or…
my husband’s all time personal favorite, cool whip or dunking them in a tall cold glass of milk. Your choice.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 18 ounce box of spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat with a mixer for two minutes.
- Fill 24 cupcake papered muffin cups (I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until when you touch the top it springs back for you (at least that is what my cake baker mom told me).
- Top with cream cheese frosting, or cool whip and eat!
*recipe from The Best 1001 Short, Easy Recipes
If you are a special fan of either cool whip or pumpkin, here are a few other delicious recipes I’ve posted, with one or the other of these lovely ingredients:
Low calorie “ice cream” sandwiches (made with frozen cool whip)
Pumpkin pie with a shortbread cookie crust
Cool lemon dessert with only two ingredients
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!