Happy Monday! Here's this week's edition of "Quick Dinner Ideas."
To me, “quick” dinner ideas doesn’t necessarily mean a meal you can throw together in five minutes. To me, the quick part comes before dinner time by:
- having a plan for this week’s dinners
- having the ingredients on hand–(a.k.a. a trip to the grocery)
That is the biggest hurdle to jump in having a quick dinner. Once you do that, for the most part you are set!
For those nights however, that you literally may have minutes to spare, plan a few super simple dinner ideas:
- light all beef kosher hot dogs (nitrate free if you can find them)
- scrambled eggs
- frozen veggie burgers
- burritos with whatever fillings I have on hand
- frozen chicken, veggie and pasta "dinner in a bag" from the freezer section of the grocery
- a crockpot meal that you started in the morning and is ready at dinner time
- keep raw veggies and fruits on hand to add to a less than ideal dinner
Check out my post 10 Ways to Make “Making Dinner”Easier.
Okie doke, on to this week’s quick dinner ideas:
Crockpot Bacon & Ranch Chicken with Pasta
Grocery list: Chicken, sour cream, bacon, cream of chicken soup,
dry ranch seasoning mix and pasta
Pizza with a Quick Pourable Crust
Grocery list: Flour, eggs, milk, cheese, sauce and toppings
Avocado, Tomato & Habanero Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese
Grocery List: Sourdough bread, Habanero Monterey Jack cheese,
avocado, lemon juice, tomato and butter
Corn Chip Chili Bowl
Grocery list: Corn chips, favorite canned or homemade chili, lettuce, tomato,
sour cream and cheddar cheese
Crockpot Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Grocery list: Beef roast, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, onion,
canned tomatoes, green beans, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire
sauce, garlic and herb seasoning and beef stock
Egg in a Roll
Grocery list: Dinner rolls, bacon, egg and cheese
Hope this gives you some fresh ideas!